Litigation is an unfortunate but inevitable part of doing business. Achieving a successful resolution in business litigation is far from inevitable, however. Enlisting the services of an experienced, dynamic lawyer at the earliest stages of a dispute can be critical in facilitating a favorable outcome. Based in Boston and serving businesses across Massachusetts and beyond, Block & Roos, LLP, provides exceptional representation to closely held corporations, limited liability partnerships and other companies facing litigation.
An Instinctive Understanding Of A Company's Legal And Business Needs
Sigmund Roos, Jessica Block and George Field each bring decades of focused experience. Consequently, each attorney is adept at identifying the underlying issues and can begin working constructively toward the resolution of these issues. Further, the firm works closely with its clients, offering practical and candid counsel as to the various possible outcomes and as to the best way to achieve the clients' goals.
Block & Roos, LLP, prosecutes and defends all types of commercial matters, including:
- Breach of contract/interference with contract
- Noncompete agreement disputes
- Partnership trust and shareholder disputes
- Breaches of fiduciary duty
- Employment-related claims
- Commercial lease disputes
- Disability insurance disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
Whenever possible the firm will attempt to reach a resolution that preserves relationships between parties (or among multiple parties) through negotiations or alternative dispute resolution. Of course, if litigation is the only means to resolve a dispute, the firm will devise and implement a strategy geared toward achieving the client's goals as promptly and cost-effectively as possible.
To discuss your business dispute with an experienced lawyer, call 617-223-1900 or send us an email.
A History Of Success In Business And Commercial Litigation
The firm's lawyers have a history of success in litigating and resolving business matters, including:
- Securing the limits of a malpractice policy in settlement of a legal malpractice claim
- Securing pre-judgment relief on behalf of a foreign bank against its former president and his daughter in a fraudulent conveyance case
- As part of a team, obtaining a settlement of several million dollars in a complicated case involving issues of land ownership, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of trust and partnership issues
- Securing six- and seven-figure settlements on behalf of clients on disability insurance claims
- Securing dismissal of a shareholder derivative action
- Accomplishing dismissal of an attempted class action at an early, pre-discovery stage
- Obtaining a substantial award of sanctions against a party filing frivolous claims in a Massachusetts state court
- Obtaining a favorable settlement after mediation of claim for wrongful death of Alzheimer's patient
- Obtaining a jury verdict for a publishing company against former business partner